Thursday 2 June 2011

2 Shropshire hills

Everytime I'm outside, walking the dogs, ferrying the kids around in the car or just me, I'm always looking, thinking how gorgeous is that tree, how lovely is that hill, how the colours work together. How would I capture it on paper, how would I paint that shape? can I capture the lightness or the heaviness? will I paint, scribble, print, how? how? how? questions going round and round in my head. It always lifts my spirits, to look at the beauty of nature. I can never be down for long with all that out there, and I suppose the questions in my head, fill the space and kick out the rubbish. Sometimes the mix of trees with the tall dark Cypress remind me of Italy and Tuscany. ( and sat nav Roberto has a lot to answer for!)
Well it's about time I did something about it... phew ! what a relief it would be to try some of my ideas out, make more space in my head! but today I just did a 10 min pen sketch of the Wrekin and I'm setting myself the challenge of starting to paint some of those hills over the next week.

1 comment:

  1. ooooh you're so fab my dear I'm sooooo inspired by your blog, i'm so distracted i've burnt the dinner xx

    ReplyDelete