Friday 10 June 2011

10 Colours and colours.... and colours !

A night of textile creations starting with Stephen's honeysuckle photograph. I believe starting with a real image gives the patterns they become a sense of strength and depth.
 
the original by Stephen North
I love this eclectic mix of bright colours and the mix of textures.
the same flower as above but in a repeated pattern
I simplefied the colours and shapes in this one, and was liking the simple blues but then couldn't resist adding the hot red!
a detail of the above,giving a simpler abstract print idea.
a calmer, more sophisticated colour way, ooh! I have to try so hard to keep a subtle colour palette like this and not add hot pinks, oranges, erm maybe tomorrow.
yep another I managed to keep simple
I love the mix of detail, colours and layers in this one
and to end a pretty and simple print idea,  I'm just wondering what to put these prints onto but that's another day's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I'm thinking silk scarves in Liberty...

    ReplyDelete