Sunday 12 June 2011

12 RAIN

painting washed by the rain

 
Yesterday I thought, nice day, sun's out, I want to paint. Another go at some Shropshire landscapes. Inviting white canvases ready and sumptuous squirts of acrylic paint on my (already coloured from previous dried out paint) palettes.   
So I wacked, yes that is the right word, a load of paint, blues for the sky and greens for the land onto my white canvases and laid them out on the grass to dry, so I could go back to them later. 
It started to rain, a light summer shower, em I thought this could be interesting ? what will these small spots of rain add to my pics. It was looking interesting, something was working but then it really chucked it down and before I'd noticed the paint had been washed off my canvases. May finish it but actually it's growing on me and I love the colours.


                                    just playing on photoshop- cut out filter applied


     detail with water colour filter I love the contrast of the colours on this. 
     Those before a storm colours


and with the red added it takes on another dimension giving it a 3D quality

and reminds me of Japanese sea pictures








playing with a detail and putting it into repeat, just interesting to see what happens, then I tried a smaller repeat. Not sure I like it but thought I'd put it up as everything is interesting and sometimes it takes a while to get there, but time for creativity is finished for today I'm afraid so I'm leaving it here...

No comments:

Post a Comment