Wednesday 25 May 2011

Warm up, pre-June head start sorry couldn't wait x

  Laser cut Daisy wrap
Why wait til June! I need to get my ideas out, maybe then I'll have some room in my head to know where I want to go, and why am I waiting? Get out of the stands and into the game. So the next 30 days may make no sense, just a load of ideas, designs spilling out of my head and hopefully caught on this blog, but I'm hoping by the end I will have some direction!
Starting with my love of textiles and fashion. Here's an idea for a wrap.
I did this sample of laser cut silk for my MA in fashion and textiles at Birmingham in 2004.I loved working with the laser cut idea for textiles in fashion and always wanted to pursue this further so here's my first idea.
simple laser cut dasies incorporated into the middle panel of a wrap. I'm thinking a pale pink cut silk over a deep indigo satin background fabric showing through. Sewn between panels of a lilac velvet and a dove grey raw shot silk.
the delicate little pink daisy petals will mess up giving the wrap a textural finish so hopefully the finished product would look something like this...

Oooh and then I couldn't help myself ...the textile designer coming out to play, so much easier and quicker now on here with photoshop than when we had to paint each colour way onto paper here's a few print ideas, different layers, colours and sizes
I love this last one I'm just getting started, this is going to be fun xx

No comments:

Post a Comment